M & S Spring Company provides superior, high quality manufactured products for the military and defense industry. Our wide range of clips and springs (including compression, extension, torsion and garter) allow defense contractors and manufacturers to build everything from simplistic applications to complex military technology. We are proud to be involved in the development of equipment and technology that keeps America secure.
Common Military and Defense Units that use clips and springs are:
- Armored Vehicles
- Defense Systems
- Communication Systems
- Military Hardware
M & S Spring Company’s products are designed and manufactured in compliance with military standards and objectives set by the Department of Defense (DoD). U.S. Defense Standards and Specifications (MIL-STD or MIL-SPEC) were created to ensure proper performance, maintainability and logistical usefulness of military equipment.
The standards or documents we meet include:
- AS9100: A widely adopted and standardized quality management system for the aerospace industry. It was released in October 1999, by the Society of Automotive Engineers and the European Association of Aerospace Industries
- Defense Specification (MIL-SPEC): A document that describes the essential technical requirements for purchased material that is military-unique or substantially modified commercial items.
- Defense Standard (MIL-STD): A document that establishes uniform engineering and technical requirements for military-unique or substantially modified commercial processes, procedures, practices, and methods.
- ISO 9001: This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. Using ISO 9001:2015 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services, which in turn brings many business benefits.
- ITAR: International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is a United States regulatory regime to restrict and control the export of defense and military-related technologies to safeguard U.S. national security and further U.S. foreign policy objectives.