M & S Spring Company provides superior, high quality manufactured products for the military and defense industry. Our wide range of clips and springs (including compression, extension, torsion and garter) allow defense contractors and manufacturers to build everything from simplistic applications to complex military technology. We are proud to be involved in the development of equipment and technology that keeps America secure.
Common Military and Defense Units that use clips and springs are:
- Armored Vehicles
- Defense Systems
- Communication Systems
- Military Hardware
M & S Spring Company’s products are designed and manufactured in compliance with military standards and objectives set by the Department of Defense (DoD). U.S. Defense Standards and Specifications (MIL-STD or MIL-SPEC) were created to ensure proper performance, maintainability and logistical usefulness of military equipment.
Definitions of the standards, regulations and documents utilized in our business include:
- AS9100: A widely adopted and standardized quality management system for the aerospace industry. It was released in October 1999, by the Society of Automotive Engineers and the European Association of Aerospace Industries
- Defense Specification (MIL-SPEC): A document that describes the essential technical requirements for purchased material that is military-unique or substantially modified commercial items.
- Defense Standard (MIL-STD): A document that establishes uniform engineering and technical requirements for military-unique or substantially modified commercial processes, procedures, practices, and methods.
- ISO 9001:2015: A quality management system that shows it is capable of consistently providing products and services that meet customer applicable statutory and regulatory requirements. The primary purpose is to enrich customer satisfaction through an effective use of the quality management system principles. The requirements of ISO 9001:2015 were developed to be used by any size or type of organization whether it be a product or service provider.
- ITAR: International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is a United States regulatory regime to restrict and control the export of defense and military-related technologies to safeguard U.S. national security and further U.S. foreign policy objectives.